Project Management Training
Project Management has become a critical operational tool for any manager who has to meet tight deadlines with limited resources.
Managing short lead-times and on-time delivery systems is a distinctive business competence. The application of Project Management techniques will help virtually any business improve its performance.
This short learning programme focuses on project management techniques in the context of planning and implementing projects through effective people management. Theoretical content is balanced with a strong accent on practical application.
- Course Description: Project Management
- Accredited: NO. The training provider and the facilitators is however accredited, but not this course.
- Duration: 2 days
- Hidden fees: None
- Certificate: Certificate of attendance unless otherwise stated.
- Activities/Assessment: Learners are required to apply skills and knowledge obtained on the course in the workplace. The facilitator will incorporate 70% practicality by means of examples, activities and role-plays during the contact session. Learners will receive a learner guide which will guide them thorough the process.
- Location: Public courses in KZN Durban but we do from time to time schedule classes in Cape Town and Gauteng.
- Discounts: No membership discount apply with short courses. Also see “Corporate Discount Packages” below for additional packages offered.
- Pricing: Click here for a full pricing schedule
- Additional Courses: We also offer our SETA Accredited Courses on request that will only include the learner guide. Additional cost of R55 for workbook optional.
Currently we have the following supporting structures in place for our members:
- Telephone support 7 days a week.
- Whatsapp –
- Cell. 0825507946 Tel. 0867227014 English.
- Cell. Zulu 0727372733 Tel. 0318115749 English/Zulu.
- Helpdesk – www.help.trainyoucan.co.za – 7 days a week (integrated email and sms notifications).
- Weekly workshops in Durban on Fridays between 8am and 12am.
- Skype support – contact helpdesk for details.
- Members private forum with model answers to all activities including JOB opportunities.
Programme consist of the following key areas:
- Introduction and Principles2 – Projects and Stages3 – Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Definition
- Risk Management
- Estimating Time
- Stage Agreement
- Project Support
- Tracking, Controlling and Reporting
- Change and Issue Management
- Quality Management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for public and private sector managers who are responsible for achieving business objectives through projects; project managers who wish to obtain additional skills, methods and techniques for delivering business-focussed projects; and anyone responsible for managing or contributing to project work streams.
- Minimum of 14 days workplace experience in the workplace. (part time or full time)
- Basic communication skills (English = reading and writing skills on a NQF level 1 (Grace 8 or higher))
- Able to attend the contact session and any of our workshops offered.
Learner preparation for the contact session (Classroom Training)
- Attending the full contact session. (Classroom Session)
- Copy of ID document
- Pen and paper.
- Enrol as a learner with Trainyoucan by completing the application form. (PDF document or the online enrolment)
- Attend the contact session with Trainyoucan.
- We provide you with all the learning material that you need.
- Certification (Attendance) on completion.
CORPORATE PACKAGES – ON-SITE (YOU SAVE MONEY)
We offer corporate packages on site to reduce the cost and make training more affordable. Our corporate packages work as follows:
- You provide the venue – you safe money!
- We provide the Facilitator – you only pay the daily Facilitator rate!
- Facilitator daily rate: R1200 Inc.
- Administration and booking fee: R1200 Inc. (once off price)
- Delegate manual and certificate: R65 per person Inc.
- Travelling: only outside urban areas where specified.
- Set price of R65 per manual and certificate or each person attending.
- Deposit 50% required as confirmation of the course and 50% on completion (last day).
Terms of agreement:
- The employer provide the venue.
- Where possible we require we request U-Shape or Boardroom style.
- Employer to indicate if flipchart is available. (TRAINYOUCAN will provide where not possible)
- The employer provide refreshments (teas on arrival, morning and afternoon) – Where not possible TRAINYOUCAN will make arrangements.
- Catering – this is totally dependent on the employer/organisations internal policies and procedures.
- Session start: All sessions will be starting 8h30 in the morning until 16h00 unless otherwise communicated.
- TRAINYOUCAN will provide an SETA Accredited Facilitator with the scope to deliver the required programmes for the duration of the course.
- Maximum of 12 delegates per class requested.
- Request brief outline or training needs/gap from the employer/organisation to assist Facilitators in addressing special needs during the training sessions.
- Bookings and arrangements can be confirmed directly with the Facilitators however all bookings and payments will be accepted on a valid invoice from our accounts department.
- Payment Request: Strictly on invoice only!
Benefits of Project Management Training
Here are some of the benefits of professional project management training for senior managers, functional managers, stakeholders, project managers and teams:
Senior Managers can benefit from better use of company resources, more attention to risk management, better project cost and schedule estimating and better project monitoring and control. Conducting Project Audits and Health Checks helps senior managers to pin-point the core reasons for lack of project success, enabling them to immediately put in place actions which will improve project performance. This all can be achieved with Project Management Training.
Functional Managers can benefit from the improvements in processes realized through project management and better allocation of resources—both people and monetary—as well as expansion of the organizational retained best practices. Better utilization of resources and improved systems of tracking the allocation of their resources across a number of projects helps improve staff efficiency and effectiveness. This all can be achieved with Project Management Training.
Stakeholders receive earlier notice to “red flags” or project problems that may be indicators of more trouble to come as well as better quality planning, quality assurance processes and quality acceptance steps, which are critical in today’s competitive and transparent vigilante consumer environment. Additionally stakeholders are able to better contain costs, scheduling and budgeting with professional project management. Project risk assessments such as a Project Audit or Health Check help to identify the early warning signs of potential problems which might affect stakeholders, ensuring they put in place contingencies to better manage these risks, reducing any negative impact on their key customers. This all can be achieved with Project Management Training.
Project Managers and Team members experience much improved productivity of work by applying soundproject planning processes. This is a result of clearer understanding of their roles and responsibilities, better definition of their work requirements and less rework. Team work also provides each individual the freedom to focus on the activities most aligned with their talents and passion. They’ll experience a reduction in stress and increase in a sense of control over what has to be done, why it has to be done and by when. This all can be achieved with Project Management Training.